Friday, July 5, 2024

The Dream

It was just yesterday you promised to stay,

Just yesterday you said we'd find a way.

Just yesterday you comforted my fear,

Just yesterday I felt you were near.


Just yesterday I believed you'd fought it all,

Just yesterday I felt you wouldn't fall.

Just yesterday when I was sure you'd stay,

Only to realize it was all a dream today.


A dream that shattered in no time,

A dream that was never truly mine.

A dream that couldn't ever be us,

A dream that concealed so much mistrust.


A dream that ended with you walking away,

Leaving when I needed you to stay.

A dream that left me all alone,

A dream that cut me to the bone.


Yet in the silence, strength I find,

A resilient heart, a clearer mind.

For from this dream, I will awake,

And forge a path I choose to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment