Monday, August 12, 2024

Forever in my heart...

The dreams I dreamt with you,  

The places we would have seen,  

The home, the lake, the sunsets’ glow,  

The beaches where we’d have been.


I try to tuck them far away,  

A distant memory to keep,  

But it’s damn difficult to let them go,  

In every waking breath, they seep.


The bed we shared, the bags we packed,  

Your clothes, your shoes, your grace,  

The roads, the shops, the markets too,  

Each place, each moment, your trace.


It’s difficult to comprehend,  

Impossible to make sense,  

I live each day, each moment through,  

With just one thought, so dense.


Our child, your shadow, soon to reappear,  

To fill the void you’ve left,  

A hope, a light to guide my way,  

In this heart you once caressed.


But deep inside, I understand,  

Nothing can fill your space,  

It ended too soon, too fragile, too fast,  

Leaving behind your trace.


I didn’t know I was so weak,  

Or that you’d break me so,  

But no matter what you’ve done or do,  

My love will always grow.


Even if I wished it gone,  

It can’t, it won’t depart,  

For you’ve carved your name so deep,  

Forever in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment